At Amy R. Cousins, MD we provide the following birth control methods:
- Birth Control Pills
- Ortho Evra patch
- Nuva Ring
- Depo Provera (the shot)
- ParaGard (no hormones, lasts for 10 years)
- Mirena (progestin lightens periods, lasts for 5 years)
- Liletta (similar to Mirena)
- Skyla IUD (ideal for women who have not given birth)
- Diaphragm (and new one size fits most--Caya diaphragm)
- Cervical cap
Dr. Cousins can prescribe low cost generic birth control pills.
Contraceptive counseling includes pill side effects, the effectiveness of all methods and which method is best for you.
Dr. Cousins does not perform tubal ligation procedures, but can provide referrals for tubal ligation and vasectomies.
Dr. Cousins does accept MOST INSURANCES but also has very reasonable fees for birth control appointments.
For more information about all the birth control options and which might work for you, go to Method Match
. Another comparison chart is at Bedsider.org